The application period for PLAYA's Winter-Spring 2018 Residencies is now open.
Steps to apply:
1. Download, complete, and save to your computer the Playa Residency Application (PDF) form. (If you prefer, click here to download the Word .docx version ) Save this file as PDF or .doc only with no hyphens, underscores or punctuation in the file name.
2. Designate two people as personal/professional references. NOTE: You must list reference contact information (phone and email).
3. Upload and attach the following documents / files:
___ Your completed PLAYA Residency Application form.
___ Your Statement of Project (if a separate document).
___ An up-to-date resume.
___ Your writing sample should be representative of the genre in which you plan to work while in residence. Provide one document that contains a sample as follows:
- Fiction: 20 pages of a novel excerpt, a story, or short stories.
- Poetry: 10 pages of poetry.
- Nonfiction: 20 pages of nonfiction.
- Playwriting: one complete play.
- Screen writing: one complete screenplay.
4. Ensure that all forms and documents are uploaded. Then provide your contact, schedule, and payment information--using either a credit card or through PayPal.
5. Click the “Submit to PLAYA” button by the application due date of September 5, 2017.
(You may save your application as a draft and return to it until you are ready to pay and Submit. Once you select the “Submit to PLAYA” button you cannot change or add to your application.)